- responding to various dances and indicating what they liked/ disliked about the piece
- participating as part of an audience and developing their ability to watch and respond with audience behaviours
- identifying where they have experience dance in their lives and exploring its’ purpose, for example, how dance communicates cultural knowledge, what the dance is about, how it makes people feel
- exploring and responding to dances they make and view, for example, how the dance made them feel
- providing opportunities for students to explore – What sort of movements the dancers perform? What are they wearing?