Recently added resources
- Early Childhood sample teaching and learning outlines for Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sample teaching and learning outlines for The Arts across Pre-primary to Year 6 for Visual Arts, Music, Drama and Media Arts
- Sample assessment tasks for The Arts across Pre-primary to Year 6 for Music, Drama and Dance
- Year 3 sample teaching and learning outlines for French, German, Indonesian and Japanese
- Years 7 and 8 sample assessment activities for all six Languages in the Outline
- Sample teaching and learning outlines for Drama for Years 3 to 6 and Dance Years 8 and 10
- Early childhood teacher support materials for Humanities and Social Sciences in teaching and assessing
- Additions to Judging Standards in Languages and English
Western Australian curriculum
All syllabuses are part of the mandated curriculum for the planning, assessment and reporting of student progress in Western Australia, as prescribed by the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline.
Visit the implementation requirements page for the implementation timeline for each learning area.
To access the syllabuses please visit the Western Australian syllabuses page.
Please note: Judging Standards is located under the assessment menu and is housed in the extranet for privacy of student work samples, especially for those relating to performance. To login or register visit the Extranet page.
The content for the English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, Health Education, Physical Education, Design and Technologies and the Visual Arts Year 6 and Year 7 Moderation Tasks for 2021 is available from the link below.
Guidelines and checklist for acceleration of students in Pre-primary to Year 10 now available.
Letter to schools regarding Curriculum and Assessment Advice for 2021.
The 2020 Year 10 Information Handbook is now available.
Kindergarten to Year 10: curriculum, assessment and reporting update
Department staff can use Connect to browse the curriculum, find matching resources and share them with students and colleagues. All national and locally created resources are available at http://connect.det.wa.edu.au.