- communicating observations or experience through music making
- beginning to identify some instruments in a piece of music
- performing a simple learnt rhythm sequence, song, chant or music
- making music in structured learning experiences to communicate ideas, concepts, observations, feelings and/or experiences.
- communicating about aspects of their own performance, or their music to others by answering questions
- improvising patterns of body movement, such as clapping or stamping and accompanying familiar music
- improvising with voices and sound sources to express ideas, thoughts and feelings