- experiencing the sensory elements of art materials and technologies
- using different materials, techniques and technologies with support and reacting to the interaction or result
- coactively manipulating and exploring the feel of art materials, e.g. clay
- providing rich sensory experiences that give them opportunities to explore sights, sounds, smells, tastes, textures and to enjoy and appreciate the visual art materials, techniques, processes etc.
- experiencing the qualities and properties of materials such as paint, crayons, clay and found objects and selecting what they want to explore or applied to their art work